Scientific Association for Mechanical Engineering
The Association is the heir of the traditions of the Hungarian Association of Engineers (founded in 1872 by the Hungarian Association of Engineers and Architects). GTE is one of the largest scientific and social organizations, uniting technical intellectuals and is the former member of the Association of Technical and Natural Science Associations (MTESZ). GTE is a public benefit association.
It currently has more than 1,000 individual and corporate members, 27 divisions, 18 city -and 9 county organizations, giving it unique national professional coverage.
GTE is a member of / or represents several well-known international organizations. Outstanding among these is the Manufacturing Technology of the Future, the ManuFuture Platform, where it provides not only domestic, exclusive representation, but also a member of the High Level Group. The main platforms, where GTE is present as member or representative, are:
- Production Technology of the Future – exclusive domestic representation (ManuFuture)
- International Academy of Mechanical Engineering Technologists (CIRP)
- European Association of Agricultural Engineers (EurAgEng)
- International Association of Automotive Companies (FISITA)
- International Council for Aeronautical Sciences (ICAS)
- Industry 4.0 National Technology Platform – Founding Member (Industry 4.0)
Mission of the Association…
… is to bring together professionals, companies and organizations working in mechanical engineering industry and related fields, to develop their professional skills and support their activities. Furthermore, serving the national and international interests of domestic industry, professional and expert activities, establishing and maintaining industrial cooperation, and international representation.
Furthermore, serving the national and international interests of the domestic industry, professional, expert and consulting activities, establishing and maintaining industrial relationships.
Public benefit goals and activities of the Association:
- Technical research and development
- Increasing the added value of the domestic mechanical and processing industry
- Mediating of world-leading manufacturing technologies and knowledge
- Supporting SMEs by channeling international technical expertise
- Dissemination of technical knowledge, education,
- Industrial standardization
- Provides a forum for exchange of professional information and self-education
- Organizes vocational training courses and lectures
- Holds professional, specific conferences, congresses, meetings and exhibitions
- Publishes professional journals and technical publications
- International information exchange
- Represents the interests of the members in obtaining documents authorizing various engineering and technical activities at national and international level
- Supports the recognition of technical intellectual property and its legal protection.
- Helps the professional recognition of its members by honors, awards, scholarships and proposals for donations.
- Maintains relations with foreign partners and represents its members
- Performs and organizes professional, expert and consultancy activities.